[PLUG] Thinkpad T30, Dock & DVI

Jason Kirtland plug at lists.discorporate.us
Tue Jan 31 18:48:40 UTC 2006

I've got my (Linux) T30 mostly working in the dock, but I've been
unable to drive the DVI port on the dock.  Analog external video works,
but no signal on the DVI port.  This is one of the lucky T30 models
that freezes with a PCI video card in the dock, so I'm stuck with the
pass-through DVI.

Anyone seen this configuration working?  Seems like folks with T4x's
don't have any issues, nor do most T30 owners.  I've seen reference to
a utility called 'setdvi' which apparently turns on the port, but I
can't find it anywhere.  Anyone heard of this tool?

This is a T30 2366-97U, and I think the dock is a Dock I.  Maybe II.

I also have issues with the pass-through USB ports.  They fire up for a
second, there's some kernel negotiation then they fail.  I've worked
around this with a PCI USB card, but maybe it's a related symptom.

Thanks,
Jason