[PLUG] Directed Graphs

Brent Rieck bsr at spek.org
Tue Jan 31 20:17:09 UTC 2006

Rich Shepard wrote:
>   Was it here that someone asked about software for drawing directed
> graphs?

That was me.

> If so, there's a LaTeX package called xy-pics that does just that:
>      <http://www.mathematik.uni-marburg.de/~gumm/LyX/xypic/>

Thanks for pointing me at that Rich, but I think I'll stick with
GraphViz; it only took a couple minutes to learn and was good enough for
what I wanted to do and could output directly into the image format I
wanted.

I originally wanted directed graph renderer suggestions because I wrote
a little web crawler to map the progress of a meme through a bunch of
blogs and wanted to visualize it; it was primarily for my own curiosity
rather than a task that I had to complete for others so I wanted
something quick, easy, and "good enough".

--Brent