[PLUG] Laptop Mouse Recommendations Wanted

Eric Wilhelm scratchcomputing at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 16:31:52 PST 2006

# from John Jordan
# on Tuesday 31 January 2006 10:07 am:

> but I'm always
>careful to use the little switch on the bottom to turn it off when not
>using it.

My Logitech cordless optical (you would think they would put a model
number on this thing so I could tell my friends to go buy one --
anyway, it was about $40 and uses a higher wireless frequency plus has
a wheel that rocks from side to side (though I haven't gotten that
rocking bit to work on Linux)) has a receiver that snaps into the
bottom which also acts as the on/off switch.  Snaps in pretty securely,
so I haven't worried about that snapping bit wearing out or the
receiver getting lost.

I've had it for about a month and it seems to work well enough.  I do
have to Ctrl+Alt+F1,Alt+F7 to get it recognized if I plug it in after
starting X, but that's probably something to do with the laptop and/or
my X setup.

--Eric
--
Peer's Law: The solution to the problem changes the problem.