[PLUG] Debian Etch

User Iam vramnum10 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 3 05:46:17 UTC 2006

On 7/2/06, Christian Bewley <christian at rocksolidservice.com> wrote:

> Vram,
>
> Try doing this (in bold):
>
> 1. nano /etc/apt/sources.list
>     Step
>     a. change stable to unstable
>     b. put a # at the beginning of the line that indicates "security"
>     this will prevent some 404 errors

####################my /etc/apt/sources.list

#
# deb cdrom:[Debian GNU/Linux testing _Etch_ - Official Snapshot amd64
Binary-1 (20060314)]/ etch contrib main

# deb cdrom:[Debian GNU/Linux testing _Etch_ - Official Snapshot amd64
Binary-1 (20060314)]/ etch contrib main
deb http://debian.mirror.frontiernet.net/debian/ etch main
deb-src http://debian.mirror.frontiernet.net/debian/ etch main

deb http://security.debian.org/ etch/updates main contrib