[PLUG] Command Line Sound Editing

Robert McIntosh robert at pacificscreening.com
Thu Jul 6 14:39:34 UTC 2006

Are there any command-line utilities available that will allow one to
modify the pitch of a sound file (wav, mp3, or pvf)?  I've got vgetty
functioning as an answering machine for home but the pitch of everyone's
voice is such that it sounds like they've been persuaded to accept a
transplant of taffy for brains as a really keen idea and then call me
telling me that they'll be about half an hour late and the pasta salad
might not be cool anymore.

I'd thought the pitch-bending could be done with pvftools included with
mgetty-sendfax, but the documentation for pvftools is really poor and
I'm no acoustical engineer.

Many thanks,
Robert