[PLUG] WAV files?

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Thu Jul 6 17:30:42 UTC 2006

Someone sent me some linguistics data in WAV file format. Turns out I
have nothing that will play them (RealPlayer, Audacity. RhythmBox,
xmms). They all say they can't open the files -- sometimes the error
message sounds like something else has the file open (but nothing else
does). They play fine on my Windows desktop. I know I could convert
them to mp3s with lame, but I'd rather figure out what is wrong and fix
it. Any ideas what might be wrong? Or is there a better WAV file player
I should be using?