[PLUG] AT Talk venue brainstorm

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Fri Jul 7 17:07:42 UTC 2006

On Fri, Jul 07, 2006 at 04:10:50AM -0700, Jim Karlock wrote:
> How's parking for those of us that don't like to waste time on public
> transport?

Unless some silver tongued devil can arrange an exception, the policy
at Lucky Lab has been "$50 if you want to close the door".

If you are willing to walk two MORE blocks, the parking structure
in my wife's office building at 23rd and Kearney is open for public
parking in the evenings.  The parking lot is near a lot of other
places, such as the Gypsy or the Rams Head or the Blue Moon or the
Silver Dollar.  I don't know which have free meeting rooms or the
smoking situation, though.

Does Hot Lips Pizza serve beer?  There is a meeting room in the
Ecotrust building at 721 NW Ninth Avenue, and Hot Lips is in that
building.  Also, I wonder about the meeting rooms at Kennedy
School - are they all for rent only?

Please add "smoke free" to the list - that is, not an open door away
from the pollution section.  And parking nearby is useful if the
venue does not have a screen and I must bring mine from my car.

I know of places out in Beaverton, but I don't want to lose the
east side and bicycle contingent;  most west siders have cars and
are more flexible.  So I prefer the core area or near east side.

Russell mentioned Mississippi Pizza - their webpage mentions "live
music 7 days a week".  How close is the sound to the meeting room?

Can we use the "open source, we're helping Portland" card to help
argue for a free space?

Keith