[PLUG] Linux Clinic, Advanced Topics, Geek Fair

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Thu Jul 13 19:09:40 UTC 2006

I have not seen announcements for any of these, but we've got a busy
Sat/Sun/Mon coming up:

Saturday, July 15   1 to 7 at Free Geek:   Geek Fair street festival

http://www.freegeek.org/geekfair/index.html

Sunday, July 16   1 to 5 at Free Geek:   Linux Clinic

Monday  July 17  7pm to ?? at Jax:  Advanced Topics

Since I haven't heard of a topic for Monday, I hallucinated one:

   "Free Vista", a round table with Bill Gates, Steve Balmer, Linus
   Torvalds, and Richard Stallman.  In contrite apology for years of
   shameful business practices,  Bill and Steve ask Linus and Richard
   how to reform Microsoft and GPL their entire code base.  PLUG
   attendees are asked to be nice, because Bill has offered to buy
   the Rose Garden from Paul Allen, donate it to the group, and
   rename it the PLUG Garden, so we will always have a venue for
   Advanced Topics.

On the other hand, Alan might wish to announce something a bit more
likely ...

Keith