[PLUG] DBMS Abstraction Layer for PHP Application?

Wil Cooley wcooley at nakedape.cc
Sun Jul 16 03:22:49 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-07-15 at 14:56 -0700, Rich Shepard wrote:

>    From what I've seen, XRMS is the client resource management/sales lead
> administration application that I want and need. I tried SugarCRM and just
> did not like it. Seems to be that Pear or ADOdb would allow a solution
> faster and with less effort than what is now being done. I'll pass on the
> pear info.

You've been doing Python lately, haven't you?  You might look into
Roundup (http://roundup.sourceforge.net/).  At its most basic, a request
tracker, but it's very adaptable, as you can see from the list of
applications it's been used for on the first page and the concepts
behind request trackers and CRM apps have a lot of parity.  Plus, it's
already got an abstracted DB backend w/Postgres support and it's written
in a language (I think) you understand.

Wil
--
Wil Cooley <wcooley at nakedape.cc>