[PLUG] Subversion question

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Jul 19 22:12:25 UTC 2006

On Wed, 19 Jul 2006, alan wrote:

> What I want is to see what happened in each step along the way.  So if
> there was a change to the file from revision 3 to revision 4, I want to
> see the diff of that, then if there is a change from 4 to 5, I want to see
> that change, etc.

> Suggestions?

Alan,

   According to the Subversion manual, "svn diff" shows you the specific
details of how a file changed over time.

   svn diff can:

   1) Examine local changes.
   2) Compare your working copy to the repository.
   3) Compare repository to repository.

   You want number 3, I believe:

   svn diff --revision x:y filename.c
   svn diff --revision y:z filename.c