[PLUG] Trouble with nfs...

plug_0 at robinson-west.com plug_0 at robinson-west.com
Tue Jul 18 19:21:02 UTC 2006

I have an old Redhat 7.3 server that I want to be an nfs client
to a newer Fedora Core 3 machine, to back it up.  Every time I try,
the old system locks.  It starts out okay, but then I get nfs server
not responding errors on it (in another terminal).  I want to back
this server up so I can upgrade it, is there an nfs upgrade that will
install to Redhat 7.3 so that it can use a Fedora Core 3 exported
share?  I know the server is working because I'm running two machines
nfs root off of it.  I'm thinking there was an nfs bug back then that
is causing all this trouble.

I've thought of vmware, but I don't have a license for it, a royal
pain.  The only other thought I have is to set up Fedora nfs
root with local volume support and back it up that way, but that
would be overkill compared to a simple upgrade and take a great
deal of time.