[PLUG] setting up SSH to chrrot to user homeDir

Josh Orchard josh at emediatedesigns.com
Fri Jul 21 04:43:24 UTC 2006

Hello all,

Been looking about the wonderful web and reading about how I could
achieve this but all that I've found makes it sound like I need to setup
yet another customer product of sorts.  So...

Is there a way that I can configure SSHD to allow clients to login but
be chrooted to their home directory?

FTP does this well and I would like to have it do the same for SSHD.
I'm actually surprised this isn't a configuration option on OpenSSH as
it would make sense that you would want to allow certain shell access
but not allow all people to go about browsing your entire server.

So, is this possible?  Do I need some sort of custom SSH or is there
another program I can use to give secure Shell access?

Thanks,

Josh