[PLUG] iptables and nfs

Eli Stair eli.stair at gmail.com
Fri Jul 21 23:06:29 UTC 2006

Post your iptables script, and the output of an 'iptables --list'.

Also, if you can recreate and test the ussue, it'd be good to watch
some ethereal captures during it to see if you're getting RST's, ICMP
unreachable, invalid or otherwise bogus traffic patterns on port
connects.

One thing that came to mind, a lot of older distros have shown me
issues with the RPC advertised ports not matching up to the port the
daemon is running on (i.e. rpcinfo -p differs from the port
mountd/statd, etc are listening on).  You didnt' mention specifics, so
it's kinda hard to do anything but speculate :)

/eli