[PLUG] Backing up with tar

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Sun Jul 23 19:46:52 UTC 2006

Thanks to Mjang and Carlos for the additional thoughts.

I had  heard about rsync many times before I started with tar
yesterday. It just always seemed so confusing, and the web resources
made it even more confusing. After reading Carlos' comparison I have
decided to put efforts with tar on hold for a bit. Instead I am going
to use my handy-dandy new Linux Pocket Guide and see if I can figure
out rsync. It sounds like it might be a better solution in the end.