[PLUG] Setting up a new linux users' group HOWTO

Richard C. Steffens rsteff at comcast.net
Sun Jul 23 20:52:24 UTC 2006

Carlos Konstanski wrote:

> First of all, can anybody start a linux users' group, or is there a
> higher power to which I must answer?  An Uber Tux Authority or the like?

Considering that the "official" word on membership in PLUG is that if
you say you are a member, you are a member, and considering that this is
an open source endeavor, I'd be very surprised if there were such an
authority.

> Is there any reason why my venture would be considered ill-advised?

Even a small group of 3 or 4 who get together once in awhile can provide
support and encouragement for each other.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens