[PLUG] Setting up a new linux users' group HOWTO

Carlos Konstanski ckonstanski at pippiandcarlos.com
Sun Jul 23 21:32:09 UTC 2006

After 10 months of service (and counting) in a Microsoft/Oracle death
shop, it is refreshing to hear a fellow human being extol this brand of
policy.  Yes, there will be a place for Wood River linux enthusiasts to
meet without fear of rolling eyes and threats of linux workstation
wipage and windows re-installation at the slightest provocation by a
windows-washed manager who can't deal with a software vendor that he
can't sue.  There will be a place where many computers will congregate
in a room, and they will all be linux boxes.  There will be a place
where the young linux newbie can come to absorb knowledge from his
elders, so that he too may enter the workplace with an eye toward
redecorating his hard drive and spreading our "mad penguin disease" to
others who might otherwise have perished not knowing there was
something better out there.

Thank you for the positive feedback.  I am buying wrlug.org right now!

Carlos