[PLUG] Off Topic: Moving to Portland

Michael Rasmussen mikeraz at patch.com
Mon Jul 24 15:27:28 UTC 2006

Edward Terry wrote:
> I'm moving to Portland (from Georgia) at the end of August.  I've never
> been to Oregon and don't know much about it (beyond the results of a
> Google search), so I wondered if anyone could offer advice.

There's been a lot of talk about the outdoor opportunities.  You should also be
aware:

Largest number of book stores and movie screens per capita.

Powell's City of books - a full city block with multiple stories of books.  A tech
book store is two blocks east with a vast selection of, surprise, technical and
scientific titles.

pretty good music scene.  See the Willamette Week site for an index into that.

Very respectable variety of ethnic food choices.

--
   Michael Rasmussen, Portland, Ore, USA
  Be Appropriate && Follow Your Curiosity