[PLUG] OK, now I did it. Deleted /bin

Ronald Chmara ron at opus1.com
Mon Jul 24 21:56:12 UTC 2006

John Jason Jordan wrote:
> > 2) one of them is broken (hda2)
>

> As far as I know, both are broken. That's because I deleted the /bin
> folder on both.
That's extremely unlikely, as you would have to be mounting *two*
folders with /bin in them, at the same place.... or, alternately, you
only ever had *one* bin folder.

But doing it live like this is more fun, and more of a challenge. :-)

Since /bin is gone, you can (or rather, must?) use tools from /usr/bin
and /usr/sbin (and /usr/local/bin, etc. etc.) to find and get your /bin/
tools back. Thankfully, that's a *lot* of tools at your disposal.... and
find (the command) can happily help you get to the "other" bin, if it
still exists... how far have you gotten? Do you have a working terminal
yet, or do you need to make a new user entry, with a shell that *isn't*
a shell from /bin?

-Ronabop