[PLUG] Ctrl/Caps Keys swapped with no .Xmodmap

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Jul 25 15:15:39 UTC 2006

   I'm stumped for a solution. I remap the ctrl and caps lock keys on my
~/.bash_profile because I prefer them that way. My fiancee prefers the
default positioning. So, in her .bash_profile (and .bashrc), I removed
references to both .keymap and .Xmodmap. But, the key functions are once
again switched.

   I've no idea how this can occur without the explicit mapping of keys to
functions, and neither keymapping file is referenced in her login scripts,
so I've no idea what else to check.

Suggestions, anyone?