[PLUG] Fwd: laptop encryption question

Jon Scully jonscully at gmail.com
Tue Jul 25 23:39:08 UTC 2006

On 7/25/06, Charlie Schluting <charlie at schluting.com> wrote:
> Jon Scully wrote:
> > On 7/25/06, Ronald Chmara <ron at opus1.com> wrote:
> >> Paging Mr. Scully...
> >
> > Heh.  Yes, I might be able to help.  Ubuntu, RH, FC, etc. are not a
> > problem.
>
> Link?

No link, per se.  We use loop-AES and have a bunch of scripts and
procedures we use to carefully encrypt a HDD, etc.  It's taken a while
to automate, and there's still some room for improvement -- as always.

We started working with a few Wells Fargo Home Mortgage offices -- to
satisfy Requirements 1-4, and more (their Windows XP laptops are also
encrypted).  Later, we ported this to several ditros, but found Arch
Linux to be the best platform to work with, overall:
http://www.archlinux.org/

The loop-AES README is a good place to start:
http://loop-aes.sourceforge.net/  When I have some time, I'll try to
write an article or two about this.  Sorry.  Happy to help, off-line,
though.