[PLUG] libiconv.so.2

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Jul 28 01:43:16 UTC 2006

   I get a pinegpg-signed messages from the Slackware security team, but the
contents are missing. The error message is that when /usr/bin/gpg runs it
cannot find libiconv.so.2. I have the latest gnupg installed: 1.4.4. And,
this is a fairly recent development.

   That is a reasonable statement, because I cannot find it either. Worse
yet, when I look with Google, all I find are old messages about the same
library missing on Solaris, AIX, and numerous Red Hat and Samba references.
Nothing that tells me in what overall package this library comes, nor where
I can find the silly thing.

   If you can identify a source of this library, I'd greatly appreciate it.