[PLUG] Fun with IPTables

Russell Senior russell at personaltelco.net
Fri Jul 28 19:01:08 UTC 2006

>>>>> "Alan" == Alan Olsen <alan.olsen at gmail.com> writes:

Alan> http://www.ex-parrot.com/~pete/upside-down-ternet.html

Which begins: "My neighbours are stealing my wireless internet
access. I could encrypt it or alternately I could have fun."

Or, alternatively, you could decide to announce that it is
intentionally available for sharing.  See the Personal Telco Project,
for example:

  <http://www.personaltelco.net/>

With all the recent hoo-haw over the Unwire Portland (MetroFi)
project, it bares realizing that we could easily have vastly better
wireless network access than MetroFi can ever provide *this afternoon*
if people simply decided to affirmatively, intentionally share their
existing internet access.  Individually-deployed wireless is so dense
in Portland *today* that it's not even funny.  How powerful and
generally useful could it be if we all decided to share it?

--
Russell Senior, Secretary
russell at personaltelco.net