[PLUG] Install Dapper and it hangs

Ted Kubaska tkubaska at charter.net
Fri Jul 28 23:54:30 UTC 2006

I've been running Breezy Ubuntu just fine for a while and just downloaded
Dapper and tried to install and failed. I run under VMWare (the free
edition). The install appears to go OK and then it says remove the media (I
do), select continue and then it hangs at booting Linux.

This is a clean install not an upgrade and a brand new virtual partition.

I can provide lots more details but if anyone has experienced this problem
and solved it, I would appreciate advice I've cruised the Ubuntu forum but
so far withut luck. Thanks.
 -ted