[PLUG] Install Dapper and it hangs

Ted Kubaska tkubaska at charter.net
Sat Jul 29 04:02:35 UTC 2006

Thanks, Mike. I did finally get this installed, but I am very disappointed
in Ubuntu right now. I finally did get the screen resolution I wanted by
editing xorg.conf, but I don't feel I should have had to do this.

I was unable to install the alternate way -- I ended up using the Live CD,
chose install, let the install crash and then brought up the crashed
incomplete version which did surprisingly come up and configured it to be
what appears to be complete -- we'll see.

I do have a virtual machine now that I can checkpoint.

I honestly believe it should have come up much easier than this. Breezy did.
 -Ted