[PLUG] Laserjet 8000

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Sat Jul 29 20:02:07 UTC 2006

On Sat, 29 Jul 2006 11:26:48 -0700
Aaron Ten Clay <aaron at madebyai.com> dijo:

> On Saturday 29 July 2006 11:08, John Jason Jordan wrote:
> > If anyone on this list is printing to a Laserjet 8000, I'd like to know which driver and setup you're using.
>
> I'm not personally, but I'm almost certain that model is supported by HPLIP, which integrates with CUPS. From the web administration interface when you add the printer, if you select HP and the model you need isn't listed, I recommend installing HPLIP (HP Linux Imaging and Printing) through whatever system your distro provides for packages.

Thanks for the suggestion. Already have HPLIP installed. And several
more related packages. And all the PPD files. And CUPS.

I can print to it just fine. The problem is being unable to access a
key feature of the printer that I need. The feature is printing
multiple copies collated without concatenating individual print jobs to
a massive spool file ("RIP once, print many"). I've spent hours and
hours googling and experimenting. No luck so far. I can print to it
with this feature just fine from my Windows 2000 desktop, which is
using the same PPD file.

I am hoping to find someone who has accomplished this.