[PLUG] Debian doesn't detect my DVD-Burner on my new Laptop

Christian Bewley christian at rocksolidservice.com
Mon Jul 31 16:03:03 UTC 2006

You may also need to try a different kernel. I was using 2.4.X and then
as soon as 2.6 came out I installed the kernel and lost my wireless
connection. Then after a few revisions of 2.6 my network card worked
again. Try a different kernel and see if this works. Try a newer and an
older version.
I missed the original email, so I am going off the cuff...

Turning off acpi may work or it may not. I have had good luck with it on
HP laptops, as for Toshiba laptops, they have been a real pain. Are
there any toshiba utils? I thought that there were some, but it has been
so long since I have done anything with Toshiba and Linux.

Christian