[PLUG] XBOX Linux...

m0gely m0gely at telestream.com
Fri Jun 2 03:11:57 UTC 2006

And to reply to myself, there is no SDK for public use on the xbox.  Any
software you find out there in binary form is illegal.  The xbox with a
mod chip in it only boots, but does nothing until you get a firmware on
it.  It's a whole new underground community and a maze of IRC and FTP
sites to get the actual files.  Get to that stuff once, then it's easy.

Whether you run Linux or XBMC you still have to do a lot of work.  But
it's so freaking cool, to be able to download BBC shows, video podcasts,
and missed episodes of Lost (in HDTV) then watch it all on my TV
upstairs when I have time, and with the commercials already ripped out.

--
- m0gely
http://quake2.telestream.com/