[PLUG] Icon Scaling Help Needed -- RESOLVED

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Jun 2 16:02:48 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2 Jun 2006, Rich Shepard wrote:

>  There must be something simple that I've missed so a clue would be quite
> helpful. I'm trying to create a simple favicon for our web site, and I
> understand that needs to be 16x16 pixels in size.

   Rod's lesson for today was invaluable. For some reason, 'man winicontoppm'
failed to unbzip2, but a simple 'winicontoppm favicon.ico favicon.ppm'
worked. The GIMP scaled it from 32x32 to 16x16 pixels, and then it was time
to convert back. The syntax for that is different: 'ppmtowinicon -output
favicon.ico favicon.ppm'.

   I wonder how many thousands of other useful gems are buried under the
overburden on my system.

Thanks, Rod!

Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D.             |  The Environmental Permitting
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc.(TM)  |          Accelerator