[PLUG] Dedicated hosting provider

Tim Thorpe tim.thorpe at gmail.com
Sat Jun 3 02:34:42 UTC 2006

Plesk is nice if not a bit spendy I am a fan of h-sphere and it gets rave
reviews in the web hosting industry as well. You really can't go wrong with
either of them in my opinion. I avoid theplanet like the pluage, they have
severe issues with being on e-mail blackhole lists and other less then
appealing issues.

If the service is absolutely mission critical then price shouldn't be an
option and I would personally go with rackspace in that situation, but you
do get to pay for them ;)

Serverbeach is a great dedicated host, they are extremely reliable and
inexpensive, they also offer plesk, cpanel or ensim with their packages
which start at 99.00 bucks. The one I quickly priced out was 129.00 with
plesk 7.1 plus a 59.00 setup fee bringing to startup total to 208 for the
first month and 129.00 each month after that. if your are unsure as to which
control panel you'd like you can talk to them and they will let you test out
the 3 that they offer.

there are a lot of options out there of course, but I've had great
experiances with both companies.

On 5/27/06, m0gely <m0gely at telestream.com> wrote:

> Aaron Ten Clay wrote:
>
> > My own experience with Cpanel has been less than pleasant
>
> I use Plesk for this reason, and I purchased it myself.  The yearly
> renewal is 25% of whatever your initial cost was, and it's dead simple
> to use.  The owner admin page for cPanel scares me.  The user interface
> is very Windowsy, which is great for clients and very disarming to
> people new to admin panels.
>
> - m0gely

Tim Thorpe
Contributing Writer, DailyTech.com