[PLUG] Geeks on Call

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Sat Jun 3 15:53:00 UTC 2006

I got a flier in the mail for a franchise outfit named "Geeks on Call".
They look like a Geek Squad clone.  Their list of competencies - for
Windows - is long, and their availability hours are decent.  The flier
was generated by the local franchise, and recommends Integra Telecom
as a provider, which shows local loyalties.  They also claim to support
MacOS and Linux (the national site doesn't mention this).

For those of us whose friends and relatives want us to fix their
windows PCs, this could be a great relief, if they are competent.  Does
anyone here know about them?  Does anyone with a windows PC and more
money than time want to give them a try and report what they do?

It would be nice to tell friends and relatives "I will help you install
Linux.  I will help you maintain Linux.  I will not help you with
Windows, because you should not be using that crap and it disgusts
me.  If you must run Windows in spite of that, call these guys for
support, not me."

So, are they any good?

Keith