[PLUG] Dapper Drake upgrade

Jason R. Martin nsxfreddy at gmail.com
Mon Jun 5 16:54:18 UTC 2006

On 6/5/06, Denis Heidtmann <denish at dslnorthwest.net> wrote:
> I am currently running kubuntu 5.10 BreezyBadger Release i386.
>
> Checking https://wiki.kubuntu.org/KubuntuDapperKnownProblems
>
> Look at about mid-page, Upgrading Problems.  It seems the upgrade wipes the
> desktop.  The work-around is:
>
> sudo apt-get install kubuntu-desktop.
>
> But if you look at the bug reports it seems that others had problems with the
> work-around.  And those others knew enough to respond to the requests for more
> information.
>
> If I lost the desktop I would be without a computer, so I could not even get to
> ask a question.
>
> What is a newbie to do? A stable, supported system is what I want, but getting
> it seems hazardous.

If you want to upgrade I would suggest bringing your system in to the
PLUG Clinic at Freegeek on the third Sunday of the month from 1-5pm.
The next one will be 6/18/2006.  There you will find willing experts
and plenty of Dapper Drake media (from the sounds of things) who could
help you get through the upgrade.

Jason