[PLUG] Firefox Upgrade Degrades Font Rendering

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Jun 6 13:33:08 UTC 2006

   Yesterday I upgraded firefox from -1.5.0.3 to -1.5.0.4. Today, the display
fonts are unaliased; they suffer badly from the jaggies. I cannot recall
seeing this for almost 20 years. I've selected 'system defaults' for the
resolution in Edit->Preferences, but that makes no difference. Has anyone
else seen this and come up with a solution?

   Also, the application now comes up displaying a firefox page telling me
that I've upgraded and am running the latest version. Well, no d'oh! My
configuration is set to open on a blank page, but that is being ignored. Has
anyone a fix for this, too?

Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D.             |  The Environmental Permitting
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc.(TM)  |          Accelerator