[PLUG] Data Recovery Services in Portland

m0gely m0gely at telestream.com
Tue Jun 6 16:39:36 UTC 2006

Bill Ensley wrote:
> Did you say they formatted it???
>
> I'm certain I'll be corrected on this, but isn't that kind of final?

No dude.  If you have a hard drive with sensitive info on it, and you
want to be 100% sure that information will never be accessed, you
destroy the drive.  Think drills, hammers, grinders, vice grips, stump
grinders, whatever.  But those platters shouldn't be in recognizable form.

There are also bootable disks you can download to format the drive in
such a manner as to make sure everything is really gone, but it never
ceases to amaze me the the next level of recovery companies are able to
achieve.

--
- m0gely
http://quake2.telestream.com/