[PLUG] Dapper Drake upgrade

Carla Schroder carla at bratgrrl.com
Tue Jun 6 20:16:12 UTC 2006

On Monday 05 June 2006 10:17 pm, Bruce Kilpatrick wrote:
> The interesting thing I noted was that my machine booted.  It is just
> running very slowly.  Could it be that Dapper is just too much for a 933
> dually?

It should run fine, even with gnome or KDE. How much RAM do you have? 512 is
great, 256 will work. Do you have a swapfile?

KDE has the nice ksysguard for a graphical view of all your running processes.
If you don't have KDE, look for something similar. Or run 'ps -ejH' to get
the command-line view of what's going on. Something is bogging your system
down.