[PLUG] USB Turntable

Richard C. Steffens rsteff at comcast.net
Thu Jun 8 23:07:20 UTC 2006

Jeme mentioned a USB turntable in an earlier post. That sent me to
Google where I found the iTTUSB from Ion-audio, and a link to Amazon as
a place to buy it. There, I found that it is "coming soon," which is the
sort of thing I found when I tried looking for it at the various big-box
stores.

So, then I did a generic USB Turntable search on Amazon and found that
there is one that looks the same, except for a label, from Numark.
Numark's model name is TTUSB, very similar to iTTUSB from Ion-audio. The
product descriptions match pretty well, too, including reference to the
Audacity software. Sadly, one has to dig through the Ion-audio reference
material to see that they acknowledge that Audacity is available for
Linux. The product page descriptions just mention PC and MAC compatible.

Does anyone know who made it for whom? And, does it matter?

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens