[PLUG] USB Turntable

Brent Rieck bsr at spek.org
Fri Jun 9 01:32:54 UTC 2006

John Jason Jordan wrote:
> I meant to ask before, wouldn't it be easier/cheaper just to get a
> plain ol' turntable, plug it into the computer input jacks, and use
> software to convert the input to something electronic? Or does such
> software not exist?

Such software exists and is common, but you also have to apply an eq
curve to the phono output (which you can do in software too), unless
your soundcard happens to have a phono input, which seems unlikely.
Routing the audio through your regular stereo that has a phono input and
a line output might be easier.

--Brent