[PLUG] Possible hack attempt on my server

Rich Burroughs rich at paranoid.org
Fri Jun 9 19:50:50 UTC 2006

On Thu, June 8, 2006 3:35 pm, Bill Ensley wrote:
> I have the users IP address,
>
> What do I do now?
> Should I contact the ISP and file some kind of abuse report?

You can, I'm not sure what they will do. It sounds like you have a PHP
page that allows people to upload files, and someone used it to upload a
file.

If you really need people to be able to upload files, I would password
protect that area of the web site if possible, and restrict access to
people who really need to use the feature.

If for some reason you have to leave it open to the world, then you're
going to have this sort of thing happen again.