[PLUG] Distorted Sound

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun Jun 11 20:01:34 UTC 2006

On Sun, 11 Jun 2006, Rich Shepard wrote:

>  Well, I suspect the chipmunk sounds are from a broken RealPlayer. I
> downloaded the latest verion (10Gold) and installed that in
> /opt/RealPlayer/. But, I cannot find where in firefox's about:config to add
> that plugin.

   However, I did find a mozilla site that described how to install plugins,
including RealPlayer10. Following the one-step instruction, I copied
nphelix.xpt to /usr/lib/firefox-1.5.0.4/components, and nphelix.so to
~/.mozilla/plugins.

   Then I closed firefox and re-opened it. Still no sound in firefox. Any idea
what step(s) I've missed?

Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D.             |  The Environmental Permitting
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc.(TM)  |          Accelerator