[PLUG] Web Site Display Issues Resolved

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun Jun 11 22:58:34 UTC 2006

On Sun, 11 Jun 2006, m0gely wrote:

> I wouldn't say deliberate this time. I would chalk it up to complacency.
> IE6 has been around a long time with very few feature updates. Their
> aggressiveness in getting IE to the position it's in now led to them not
> caring anymore.

   OK. I'll certainly accept that explanation. What I recall so well from back
in the DOS days was Microsoft applications looking for a bit (byte?) that
identified the DOS vendor. If it was Digital Research or IBM the application
wouldn't run. I ran into that when I had PC-DOS 7 and win3.11 running on an
early VMware beta, and wanted to upgrade to win95. Could do it; the win95
upgrade disk refused to accept IBM's PC-DOS as an OS.

Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D.             |  The Environmental Permitting
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc.(TM)  |          Accelerator