[PLUG] new guy with questions

Ali Corbin ali.corbin at gmail.com
Tue Jun 13 17:27:54 UTC 2006

On 6/13/06, Rogan Creswick <creswick at gmail.com> wrote:
> Lisp (my personal favorite language) is, in my humble opinion, an
> extremely elegant language, and it is somewhat easier to use for real
> apps than Haskell (Emacs, one of the most well-known "text editors"
> was written in a dialect of lisp).

Hmm, I hadn't considered lisp.

Now in the normal course of events, I wouldn't inflict lisp on
anybody, because it's too, well, in a word, weird.

But remembering the linguistics texts that I tried to wade through in
college, I realized that to a linguist, lisp might make perfect sense.

It's also perfectly geared toward twiddling text, so that you might
even find that it can do things that will help you with that language
stuff.

(Another, more "normal" language that's good with text twiddling is
perl.  It's what I used most recently on a quick and dirty translation
script.)

Ali