[PLUG] Dapper Drake upgrade

Bruce Kilpatrick bakilpatrick at verizon.net
Tue Jun 13 18:55:38 UTC 2006

Hey Gang,

Since I didn't know any better until a different post this morning, I
will continue to top post until I have a few minutes to figure out how
to do it "properly".

I did reboot my machine to Dapper last night.  I remembered seeing a
failure in the booting process about pcmcia.  Did a little research, it
is a desktop, so I don't need that.  Renamed the files and *trumpets
blare* we are running normally.

Did a few upgrades, installed Open Office, Thunderbird, allowed Firefox
to upgrade...and all seems good.  I will go back and follow all the
previous ideas to make sure all is well under the hood.

To answer a few of the questions earlier, it is a 933 dually with 1.5G
of memory, one 15G hard drive with Breezy, a second 13G (I think) hard
drive that now has Dapper.  I have swap files on both (I believe that to
be unnecessary but am planning on using this machine for test driving
different distros in the near future).

So, for now, thanks to all for the help.  I'll be back with more I am sure.

Bruce