[PLUG] new guy with questions

Bruce Kilpatrick bakilpatrick at verizon.net
Tue Jun 13 19:07:48 UTC 2006

Eric Biggs wrote:

> Thanks for the direction to FreeGeek, If I am right it is at 1731 SE
> 10th Ave.  I think I'll bring my computer seeing that I am convinced
> that I want Linux.  Is the clinic/meeting/whatever from 1 pm to 5 pm?

Eric,

 From one new guy to another...

I attended a clinic at Free Geek a while back.  You will be received
with open arms.  These folks are experts with the patience for us
newbies.  You need not fear.  They not only know what they are doing,
but they have a sense of humor, too!  They must, they haven't kicked me
out yet!

I am in the process of divorcing myself from Bill Gates.  I started out
playing with SuSE and after several attempts with versions 8.1, 9.1, &
9.2, I was just about ready to give up.  My son handed me an Ubuntu 5.10
disk and recommended I try it.  It was my first experiece with a Linux
distro that worked the first try.  Not only worked, but actually shut
down my dual processors, properly.  I haven't looked back!

Welcome to the open source community!

Bruce