[PLUG] LCD monitor recommendations

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Jun 13 21:44:49 UTC 2006

On Tue, 13 Jun 2006, Renegade Penguin wrote:

> I would get the best quality, highest resolution and largest screen you can
> possibly afford.

RP, et al.:

   I can read text in both the virtual terminal applications and the GUI
applications without my reading glasses, and sitting back from the monitor.
If the text in firefox is a bit small, ctrl-+ fixes that. Only rarely do I
need the reading glasses.

   With the CRTs I used for decades before this LCDs, I needed reading glasses
almost all the time. Yuck! However, the LCD monitors do no better at spelling
and grammar than did the CRT monitors. Sigh.

YMMV,