[PLUG] dsl

Lancashire, Pete plancashire at ci.portland.or.us
Wed Jun 14 15:18:57 UTC 2006

the 678 will plug directly into a switch/hub. the cross
over cable is needed when plugging into a non auto sensing
nic.

toss the cd into the trash ..

to program your 678 there is a serial port and if you have
the cisco cable it is configured to plug into a PC 9-pin
serial port.

some usefull url's i got doing a google search

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/dsl_prod/c600s/

did you get the doc cd ?

this may be the latest pdf

http://tinyurl.com/3gfy9

if your going with qwest just call their tech support
and say this is the 'modem' you got from them.

make sure the firmware is at least 2.4.6

if you need to reset the passwords and or reset the
unit to 'factory' configuration there are sites on
the net you can find or email me

thats all i can remember .. the rest is written down
at home

-pete