[PLUG] USB Turntable

Richard C. Steffens rsteff at comcast.net
Wed Jun 14 16:28:34 UTC 2006

Rich Shepard wrote:

>   Given the interest in this thread, I wonder if those of us with large
> collections of records could work as a group to digitize them.

What did you have in mind?

> I don't listen
> to mine because the floor's not sufficiently stable to keep the needle from
> bouncing when someone walks heavily across the room.

I've had that problem, too, and am careful to have something to read,
when I set out to record something, so I don't have to walk around.

I could set up my recording location in the basement, on the concrete
floor, which should minimize the floor bounce effect. That's where my
machine with the decent sound card is, too.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens