[PLUG] Help with ~/.emacs

Ali Corbin ali.corbin at gmail.com
Thu Jun 15 23:27:52 UTC 2006

On 6/15/06, Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> wrote:
>    I have most file modes colored as I'd like them in emacs, but the newly
> added .ris is not what I want. The colors were set for a white background
> rather than a black background in emacs.
>
>    Below is my .emacs file. The colors I'd like to see with .ris files are on
> lines 172-174. But, the ris.el file's call at the bottom overrides these
> colors.

I took a peek at ris.el, and it looks like ris sets up its own color scheme:

(set-face-foreground 'ris-main-face "maroon")
(set-face-foreground 'ris-main-ltd-face "dark orchid")
(set-face-foreground 'ris-tag-face "blue")
(set-face-foreground 'ris-tyer-tag-face "red")
(set-face-foreground 'ris-author-face "sea green")
(set-face-foreground 'ris-pubyear-face "IndianRed2")
(set-face-foreground 'ris-reprint-face "deep pink")

I'd try setting these variables to the colors that you want.  (And
I'll bet that you'll have to set them after loading ris.el.)

Ali