[PLUG] questions

Carla Schroder carla at bratgrrl.com
Mon Jun 19 19:51:35 UTC 2006

On Monday 19 June 2006 8:48 am, Eric Biggs wrote:
> (2)
> Also, I have NetZero (dial-up) right now.  Shouldn't I be able to access the
> Internet?  How do I do this?  I'm used to just throwing in a CD with a given
> program on it and everything goes fine....but with the Live CD in my drive
> (I only have one) that is not an option.

If you're running KDE, the KPPP utility is great. wvdial is my fave
command-line utility. Dialup is a pain to configure on any platform; windoze
has not updated their dialup interface since win95.

> (3)
> Finally, how would I go about partitioning my hard drive?  At the clinic I
> was being helped greatly, we first tried to partition using an Ubuntu disc
> (I don't know much more than this...) but we didn't want to wait until the
> sun went down, It was taking quite awhile.  Does this Knoppix Live CD have
> something on it like that Ubuntu one does that will enable me to do this?

QTPArted for a nice graphical tool. Should be on Knoppix. Look for GParted,
which I think is better, but I don't know if Knoppix has it.