[PLUG] Firefox-1.5.0.4 Issues

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Jun 19 22:25:16 UTC 2006

   You may recall that last week I asked for help getting a video plugin --
any one -- to work in firefox, but despite the excellent help from Auke, that
was not to be. Well, just now I bumped into another issue that I had seen a
couple of times since upgrading to 1.5.x, but not before: printing only a
partial page.

   I tried to print my boarding pass for tomorrow's flight, but only the
graphic images printed, no text. I had seen other pages (from different web
sites) that turned out to be mostly empty when printed, but this was
important.

   As a test, I fired up opera-8.5.4 and loaded that same page. It printed
just fine to both the laser and inkjet printers.

   Has anyone else experienced this flakiness? It's annoying.