[PLUG] Unzipping self-extracting .exe archives

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Sat Jun 24 19:50:55 UTC 2006

I keep having to do this. The files are zip archives that a Windows user just has to double-click on to uncompress. It's a pain to have to go to my Windows desktop to do this. File Roller won't do it. I don't need to be able to double-click on the archive to extract it; a command line utility would be fine. Is there a Linux utility that can unzip these things and preserve the internal directory structure in the process?