[PLUG] small Linux boxes

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat Jun 24 23:40:37 UTC 2006

On Sat, 24 Jun 2006, Josh Orchard wrote:

> Thanks. this looks promising. I have also found some laptops on
> overstock.com that are $500 that would work. Not sure if they will run
> linux and they come with windows. Seems like I could find either one that
> has linux installed already or that some type of computer w/o an OS and
> save more money. Just unsure as of now. Thanks all, I've been doing more
> and more research. Getting closer. Heck, I even thought to buy my own odd
> box and just build the computer in there.

Josh,

   Overstock.com has been in the news recently -- in a negative way. Be
cautious.

   You can take a look at the linux-on-laptops web site and find someone
who's installed linux on most makes and models. I know that Toshiba and IBM
offer almost certain working installations; I've had Red Hat and Slackware on
both.